July 19, 2011

MICHAEL STRONG BLOG HOP

Welcome to the Michael Strong blog hop! Did you just hop over from Kathie's blog? http://www.kathiemcguire.blogspot.com/ .  Are you ready for a caffeine driven experience? The theme is coffee, so grab a "cup of joe" and let's get started.


As I was thinking about what to do, I was inspired by Michael's recent trend of using his stamps and in particular his new dies to create some beautiful iris folding pieces. Since I love iris folding and Michael's designs I decided to take his coffee cup and turn it into and old fashioned tea cup using washi paper. Although there is not a die for the coffee cup yet; it's an easy cut and perfect for iris folding. All of Michael's products and wonderful inspiration can be found at http://www.strongstamps.com/.
 .
For those of you unfamiliar with iris folding here is a brief description from Squidoo:

Iris folding is a technique that originated in Holland. Color coordinated strips of folded paper are taped into place over a pattern, creating a spiraling design that resembles the iris of an eye or camera. Originally, Dutch crafters would cut their strips from envelopes with patterned interiors, but now it is common to use lightweight papers including those used for origami to create iris folded designs.

Need a lesson in iris folding? Hop on over to Hetty's blog http://craftchaos.blogspot.com/2010/07/frame-en-irisvouwen-frame-and.html for a lesson.




I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog, and I do hope you will come back again soon. Please leave me a comment so I know you have been here. Now it's time to hop on over to Judy McKay's blog http://www.insearchofmycreativeside.blogspot.com/ for some more fun with Michael Strong stamps!

Please note: this is an international blog hop. Due to different time zones other blogs may not be "live" yet. If that happens please hop on over to another blog and revisit that blog later in the day. Here is a list of the participating blogs:


Bye for now …. Hope to see you again soon.
bevallaire
1922designs by bevallaire
Image Map

19 comments:

Hetty said...

Hello Bev, what a wonderful irisfolded cup of American coffee! I love it, but than I love coffee and irisfolding. Hope one day we will share a real cup. Thanks for playing in the blog hop.

Rosie Guiher said...

Love this idea Bev! Beautiful colors!!

Anonymous said...

It's so nice Bev!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Awesome cup of coffee Bev!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Miranda said...

great card, bev. like the irisfolding. think i also hop over to the folding-class. thanks for sharing it.

Michael said...

OK Bev - this is gorgeous! A real one of a kind card. Thanks for sharing and giving me inspiration for more iris folding projects!

Kathie McGuire said...

Wow, what a great card, Bev. Beautiful choice of colors and patterns. Just wonderful!

Donna said...

What a great card! Love the iris folding technique.

Judy I said...

Wonderful card. The iris folding is great.

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

The cup looks awesome in the Iris folding!!!!

BrendaLea A. - Purple Lady
prpldy (at) comcast dot net

CarlavdM said...

I just LUV oriental and your oriental stylish cuppa coffee is just awesome Bev.
Washi makes wonderful backgrounds and origami project

CraftyJo said...

Lovely - I'm drinking a cup of tea right now but my cup isn't as pretty as your old-fashioned one :)

Diana said...

Love the Iris folding........very creative idea
Thanks for playing

Judy McKay said...

Love the card. I like your colour scheme and the design.

ellenmcrawley said...

Wow! I've considered iris folding, but have yet to try it. I just might have to after seeing your card. Thanks.

Angie Hall Haviland said...

FABULOUS Card, Bev!! Really enjoying this blog hop with my morning CUPPA :)

Dorly Weitzen said...

Bev, how special... I like Iris Folding. TFS
Dorly Weitzen, Israel

Celeste Weber said...

I attended a MS class yesterday and we used iris folding on the interior of the Christmas Tree. This will be loads of fun to try!

slbt17 said...

love iris folding! Great card.
Sandra ltb

Post a Comment